Terms and conditions
OLD BEAMS KENNELS & CATTERY – TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BOARDING:
1. Your dog(s) can only be accepted for boarding if in good health and you are able to provide a certificate confirming your dog(s) vaccinations/boosters against canine parvovirus, canine distemper, infectious canine hepatitis (adenovirus), leptospirosis and canine infectious bronchitis are up to date.
Please note the vaccination against Canine Infectious Bronchitis (Kennel Cough) is a nasal vaccination and must be administered a minimum of 14 days before boarding. This vaccination is not routinely given by vets, so please check in plenty of time before boarding.
2. Your cat(s) can only be accepted for boarding if in good health and you are able to provide a certificate confirming your cat(s) annual vaccination/booster against feline panleukopenia, feline parvovirus, also known as feline infectious enteritis and feline respiratory viruses (feline herpesvirus and feline calicivirus) is up to date.
No pet(s), dog(s) or cat(s) will be accepted unless they are up to date with their core annual vaccination(s)/booster(s) and the additional kennel cough vaccination for dogs.
3. All pets are also required to be up-to-date with their regular worm, flea, tick and lice treatments. Please provide (by email or on arrival), the date they were administered and ideally the brand of each treatment.
4. We reserve the right to refuse any pet that is not up to date with their required vaccinations/booster, worm, flea, tick or lice treatments, we consider to be of unreliable temperament, or sick at the time of boarding.
5. If there is evidence of external parasites, such as fleas, ticks or lice, by agreeing to our Terms & Conditions, you the owner/nominated person, hereby give written consent for your dog(s)/cat(s) to have treatment using the product as directed, following a consultation with our vet.
6. Any preventative treatment will be given under the direction of the owner/nominated person/our vet.
7. Any current or ongoing problems with your pet(s) health or temperament, must be notified to us in writing on the website booking form and/or by email at email@example.com, prior to boarding.
8. Prior to boarding, if your pet(s) show any signs of illness and/or infection, please inform the office immediately by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01628 621812.
9. Should it be necessary, at our discretion, for your pet(s) to be taken to a vet or a vet to be called for any health condition, all veterinary fees/costs incurred are the responsibility of the owner/nominated person and are required to be paid in full to the Vet, prior to collection of your pet(s) from Old Beams Kennels & Cattery.
10. If your pet(s) is unwell during their stay with us, we will make every effort to call/email you the owner/nominated person to discuss how best to proceed and give updates. However, in an emergency or we are unable to reach you the owner/nominated person, you the owner/nominated person hereby agree and give consent that we Old Beams Kennels & Cattery will take your pet(s) to our vet who will administer any treatments/procedures deemed necessary, for the best interest and health of your pet(s).
11. By accepting our Terms & Conditions you agree to your own vet sharing/emailing/discussing your pet(s) vaccinations/medical history with our vet/Old Beams Kennels & Cattery, should it be necessary. Our vets are Kelperland Veterinary Centre 01628 624935, Forest House Veterinary Group 01753 858877 and Alma Veterinary Hospital 01753 858893. Our Out of Hours vet is Summerleaze Veterinary Hospital 01628 630444.
12. By agreeing to our Terms & Conditions you the owner/nominated person give written consent to Old Beams Kennels & Cattery administering medication as instructed and provided by you the owner/nominated person or deemed necessary by a veterinary professional.
13. We also require you to provide your pet’s microchip number (usually found on your pet(s) microchip paperwork or on their vaccination card).
14. Dietary requirements that are agreed with you the owner/nominated person will be followed. If there are concerns about an individual cat/dog(s) diet, veterinary advice will be sought.
15. By agreeing to our Terms & Conditions you the owner/nominated person, herby give written permission for your dogs (from the same household) to share a unit.
16. By agreeing to our Terms & Conditions you the owner/nominated person, hereby give permission, should it be deemed necessary, to separate your dogs (from the same household) into separate units.
17. By agreeing to our Terms & Conditions you the owner/nominated person, hereby give written permission for your cats (from the same household) to share a unit.
18. By agreeing to our Terms & Conditions you the owner/nominated person, hereby give permission, should it be deemed necessary, to separate your cats (from the same household) into separate units.
19. Please take care when arriving with and collecting your pet(s) from Old Beams Kennels & Cattery:
· All dogs are required to be always on a lead, until they have safely arrived into their own secure house/unit.
· All cats are required to be always in a secure pet carrier, until they have arrived safely into their own secure house/unit.
· Doors and gates are to be kept always closed and must be closed behind you immediately.
· Staff will be working, feeding and exercising our residents, so whilst in the Kennels and/or Cattery please be aware of the environment around you and take care when opening doors, passing an obstruction etc.
· Children entering the Kennels/Cattery must be supervised at all times.
20. All bedding, toys, coats etc are left at your own discretion and at your own risk. In the event of soiling or chewing we will remove and wash or dispose of as necessary. Please ensure any bedding/toys are of a suitable size and material for washing and drying in 9kg washing machine/tumble drier.
21. Your dog/cat will not be left without bedding, unless instructed otherwise by you the owner/nominated person.
22. During your pet(s) stay, any damage caused by your dog or cat to the kennels and/or cattery, which requires repair or replacement, will be added to your final bill.
23. When used, any additional charges for extras, heating, cooling, trip(s) to the vet, will be added to your final bill.
24. We have a supply of dog coats and jumpers for the colder months, however, you are welcome to bring their own, should you prefer.
25. Boarding fees are charged at a daily rate, per DAY and will commence from the day of arrival to the day of departure.
26. All bookings require a non-refundable £50 deposit, which is due when making your booking.
27. Please note, we are not able to guarantee/confirm your booking until we have received your booking form and £50 deposit. Please contact the office on 01628 621812 when submitting your booking form, to arrange payment.
28. Full payment is required on or before 31 days before booking date and should you cancel your booking within a month of the booking date, this payment is non-refundable. Please contact the office on 01628 621812, during office hours (Monday to Friday: 8am to 12 noon and 4pm to 6pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am till 12noon, CLOSED PM at weekends), one month before your booking date, to arrange payment.
29. Should your pet(s) be collected before the booked departure date, the reserved occupancy fee will be charged.
30. Payment is by bank transfer, BACS, credit card, debit card or cash.
31. In the unlikely event we have no communication from an owner/nominated person within 14 days of the stated departure date and our every effort to contact the owner/nominated person has failed, we reserve the right to rehome any dog or cat at our discretion.
32. Arrivals and departures are strictly within our opening hours shown below:
Monday to Friday: 8am to 12 noon and 4pm to 6pm
Saturday and Sunday 9am till 12noon, CLOSED PM at weekends
33. During Bank Holidays, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday Old Beams Kennels & Cattery operates as normal but please note the office will be closed for arrivals and departures on those days.
34. Boarding on the following days/holiday periods will incur a one-off surcharge, on top of your booking cost: Christmas, New Year, Easter and Bank Holidays (please enquire when booking).
35. When making a booking for the first time, all new clients are required to fill out our online booking form, which can be found on our website: www.oldbeams.co.uk.
36. Regular clients can make a booking in writing, either via our online booking form at www.oldbeams.co.uk or by email email@example.com
37. We will be taking photographs of dogs and cats during their stay, for use on our website/social media. Please use the Please use the DO NOT include images button on the booking form, should you wish to opt out.
38. Euthanasia, by a veterinary professional would not take place until the owner or nominated person gives consent – unless it is crucial for the welfare of the dog/cat.
39. Whist every possible attention is given to each dog and cat boarded with us; it is done so entirely at you the owner’s/nominated person’s risk.
By agreeing to Old Beams Kennels & Cattery’s Terms & Conditions, you the owner/nominated person hereby consent to all the above terms and conditions, which include standard practice licencing conditions required by The City of London Animal Welfare and DEFRA.